Introducing EigenLayer, a protocol built on Ethereum that introduces a new concept called restaking, a revolutionary addition to cryptoeconomic security. This innovation enables users to reuse their ETH on the consensus layer. By staking ETH natively or with a liquid staking token (LST) and opting into EigenLayer’s smart contracts, users can restake their assets, extending cryptoeconomic security to additional applications on the network and earning extra rewards.
While EigenLayer currently does not have its own token, it may potentially launch one in the future. Recently, they have launched Stage 1 of their mainnet, offering exciting opportunities for early adopters who engage in testnet and mainnet actions. These early users stand a chance to receive an airdrop if EigenLayer decides to launch its native token.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to participate in EigenLayer’s mainnet and testnet actions:
Task 1: Mainnet
- Visit the EigenLayer mainnet page.
- Connect your Metamask wallet to the platform.
- To participate in the mainnet actions, you’ll need stETH from Lido, rETH from Rocket Pool, and cbETH from Coinbase. Obtain these tokens by staking ETH on their respective platforms.
- Stake your stETH, rETH, and cbETH tokens in the available pools on EigenLayer.
- As EigenLayer doesn’t have its own token yet, engaging in these mainnet actions as an early user may make you eligible for a potential airdrop in the future.
- For more information about the testnet, refer to the provided article.
Task 2: Testnet
- Visit the EigenLayer testnet page.
- Connect your Metamask wallet and change the network to Goerli.
- Obtain stETH from Lido and rETH from Rocket Pool for the testnet. Start by getting Goerli ETH from the provided faucet.
- Send Goerli ETH to Lido’s stETH token contract address, “0x1643E812aE58766192Cf7D2Cf9567dF2C37e9B7F,” to receive Lido’s stETH testnet tokens automatically.
- Visit Rocket Pool’s testnet page and stake your Goerli ETH to obtain Rocket Pool’s rETH testnet tokens.
- Now, with both stETH and rETH testnet tokens, return to EigenLayer’s testnet page. Stake your rETH in the “Rocket Pool ETH” pool and your stETH in the “Lido Staked Ether” pool.
- As with the mainnet actions, participating in EigenLayer’s testnet actions early may make you eligible for a potential airdrop if they launch their own token in the future.
- Don’t forget to verify yourself with Gitcoin Passport to add an extra layer of security. It distinguishes real wallets from Sybil wallets, increasing your chances of being considered for airdrops by projects.
By following these steps, you can actively engage with EigenLayer’s restaking protocol and be in the running for future airdrops, all while contributing to the development of cryptoeconomic security in the Ethereum ecosystem.