A guide on how to interact with Base Mainnet for builder to be eligible for a potential airdrop. On this guide, we will bridge ETH from Ethereum to Base. We will mint builder NFT.
- Add Base mainnet to metamask: https://chainlist.org/chain/8453
- There is no User Interface of bridge now, so you need to bridge ETH to Base mainnet by sending ETH to bridge contract.
- Send ETH here: 0x49048044D57e1C92A77f79988d21Fa8fAF74E97e (INFO) > you will receive ETH on Base after successful transaction.
- Go to https://basescan.org/verifiedSignatures# > click on ‘Sign Message’ > connect wallet > again click ‘Sign Message’ > copy & paste this message ‘ all your base are belong to you. ’ on Message to Sign field > click ‘Sign Message’ > sign on wallet.
- Then copy signature hash now or later > click ‘Publish’.
- Go to https://basescan.org/address/0x1fc10ef15e041c5d3c54042e52eb0c54cb9b710c#writeContract > click ‘Connect to web3’ & connect wallet > click ‘Mint’ > paste your signature hash that you copied before > click ‘Write’ > confirm on your wallet.
- There is no limit per wallet on mint. Per mint cost 0.3–0.4$.
- You can see your NFT here http://basescan.org (search your wallet).
Base is an Ethereum Layer 2 (L2) platform designed to provide a secure, affordable, and user-friendly environment for the development of decentralized Base apps. Their primary objective is to pave the way for mass adoption of blockchain technology by making on-chain experiences accessible to anyone, regardless of their location. By leveraging the resources, users, and assets from @Coinbase, Base aims to create an inclusive and open ecosystem for all. Notably, Base does not intend to introduce a new network token; instead, it will utilize the existing $ETH as its native gas token.